Chapter Purpose and VTAA Mission
The Tampa Bay Virginia Tech Alumni Association purpose is to support the Virginia Tech Alumni Association's (VTAA) mission. VTAA is an independent, non-profit organization whose purpose is "to promote the welfare of the university by cultivating a mutually beneficial relationship between Virginia Tech and its growing worldwide community of alumni." Read more
The chapter was organized in the 2000's to support the hundreds of Hokie alumni and friends in the Tampa Bay area. We combine a mix of community service activities, social events, and scholarship. Past activities have included:
- Sponsoring presentations from Alumni Distinguished Professors from Virginia Tech
- Helping the less fortunate in the Tampa Bay area through our Hokiebird Fights Hunger campaign with fundraising and volunteers
- Hosting football TV watching parties
- Awarding scholarships to incoming freshman from the Tampa Bay area.
- Cleaning a section of Lois Avenue as part of Adopt-A-Road effort
Meet your Officers
We are fortunate to have a dedicated group of volunteers to help lead these community service, social events, and scholarship activities.
We also are looking for new leaders to help.
Recipient of 2015 Outstanding Chapter Officer Award from the Virginia Tech Alumni Association
1972 BSEE, Electrical Engineering
1974 MSEE, Computer Modeling
President at MS Transit Solutions
We are completely volunteer organization. Whether you can help out at an event like Hokiebird Fights Hunger or interested in being in a leadership role, we need you. Please reach out today!